Students can find opportunities as Precious Jewellery Designer, Merchandisers and Stylist. Students with interest in technical areas can work as Diamond Graders and Gemmologists.
Jewellery always has been an ongoing dialogue between the user and the observer. In ancient times it was a communication of hierarchy in the society while in today’s modern worlds it depicts a personal statement as well as an expression of self.
The consumer driven society in today’s world is expanding rapidly with the increase in wealth in many upcoming nations. The demand for new, innovative product in all aspects of life becomes greater. Henceforth, jewellery is central to the consumer appetite for unique lifestyle accessories.
Contemporary jewellery design is pushing the boundaries of new creative jewellery design by radically questioning and examining the whole notion of decorative adornment, thus encouraging students to generate new and innovative contemporary jewellery design.
The three yrs. B.Sc. in Jewellery Design is affiliated to CCS (Chaudhary Charan Singh) University. This program in Jewellery Design is a comprehensive program aimed at training students aspiring to be jewellery professional in three major areas- Design, Technology and Business.
This program introduces the student to basic workshop skills and techniques that are required for technical competence and material expression. It would highlight he
relevance of a piece of jewellery on the silhouette and its movements. It will cover specific technical inputs in Gemstones identification, Jewellery making Techniques and Manufacturing process. The curriculum covers basis to enter the industry of precious/semiprecious/ costume jewellery through Industry Interface that is in-built, within the program. Internships and placements are provided at the end of the program.
Learning takes place by understanding the subject knowledge through theory and practical applications, live industry projects, market visits and surveys and Master Classes for specific programs.
Year 1 EXPERIENTIAL AND SKILL BASED
- Fundamentals of Jewellery
- Fundamentals of Gemology
- History of Art and Design, Visual Culture
- Drawing and sketching
- Illustration and Rendering (Metal Form & Gemology)
- Theme Based Design Project
- History of Jewellery
- Advanced Gemology
- Computer Fundamentals
- CAD Application(Corel Draw)
- Project on Gemology
- History-Based Design Project
Year 2 RESEARCH,DOCUMENTATION & DESIGNING
- Study of International Markets
- based on consumer Demographic research and analysis
- Weight and Cost Estimation
- Orthographic Views
- Diamond and Diamond Grading
- Surface ornamentation and development
- Fundamentals of Management and Marketing
- Diamond Assorting and Valuation
- Design Project on Market Analysis
- Computer application 3D matrix
Year 3 YEAR OF FINAL PROJECTS/THESIS
- Retail of Jewellery
- Basic manufacturing Technology
- Advanced Manufacturing Technology
- Project on Advanced Manufacturing