| DESIGN CENTRE |
A unique experiment of IMS-Design & Innovation Academy that has paid great dividends in many aspects already, is the establishment of its very own Design Centre. Being innovative DIA has established this " Design Centre " to help students and entrepreneurs realize their dreams through a range of infrastructure, business advisory, mentoring and financial services. This new facility is designed to be a gateway between the private sector, the business community and the expertise of faculty and staff on campus. This Design Centre comprises of highly experienced design professionals covering all the design disciplines, such as fashion, textile, jewellery, interior, multimedia & animation as well as retail management. It offers an effective platform to our students for practical experience, display their creative designs and to gain employment. This year the team of design centre came up with an idea to launching academy's own brand; intention being to give employment and work experience to the students while studying and also motivate them towards their ambitions & goals that extended beyond the reach of current capacities. And then the academy launched its two brands i.e. Royal Rajwara and Retro the style Bar . One for the connoisseur of fashion and the other for the student community. The Design Centre is definitely an asset to IMS-DIA and its students.
| "Retro" the Style Bar |
Retro the style bar , is a station of ideas by the students, of the students and for the students....The motive is to give experience of what youth today is reckless, rebellious and out to have fun, making a self style statement, and completely in love with themselves.
Me and My Style was the initial thought behind Retro. The main idea behind this was to launch first of its kind brand promoting youth fashion and style. This is a motivating ground proposed by the academy to give a taste of the industry to students, allowing them an opportunity to experiment, expand and explore their ideas and concepts in the form of products. Here we cater youth and allow our young designers to design the entire look they feel an individual should have. In order to cater youth community we thought of displaying our products in places like music galleries, pubs, disco, college premises. A street concept of street finally became the marketing and innovative concept of Retro team
On 23rd July 2009 IMS-Design & Innovation Academy launched its first brand Retro-the style bar at Cafe Morrison, New Delhi. A Retro Styling Night was organized where a team of stylists did a styling workshop and a shoot for guests present. A famous musical band had performed on the opening night of Retro styling night.
Keeping in mind the flavours of Indian Weddings and to make each bride feel like a princess or even a queen, the academy launched its second brand "Royal Rajwara" on 1st November 2009. DIA is the first academy to have its own production house and a retail showroom Royal Rajwara. This retail showroom presents an enchanting collection of
- Couture Clothing
- Royal Jewellery
- Decor's Furnishing
- Spa Line
This a brand that not only caters to bridal and wedding wear but also the entire styling for a wedding. The possession of the biggest and finest of jewels and cloths have always been the prerogative of kings but nowhere has this royal right been better exploited than in India. Indeed in Western eyes India's Princesses have always appeared in concernably rich. Inspired by Rich Royal Regal families of India Rajwara was originated. Every woman wants to look like a queen on the day of her wedding. This led the entire team of Rajwara to come up with royal wedding collection.
The Interior Decoration of the showroom has been done by our ID students under the guidance of faculties. It has a palatial look with beautiful chandeliers and intricately carved Rose wood furniture transporting the visitors straight into the regal Rajwara Gharana (on either side).
Lifelike mannequins adorned in the typical Rajasthani Bridal wear welcome the visitors with their elegant and graceful beauty. The entire collection is breath taking in the styling as well as the fabric used. The traditional royal fabrics include Silk mashru form Gujarat, gold and silver yarn brocade from Banaras & Jaipur Jamawar, Velvet, Silk, Chanderi and many others. The stones for embroidery have been acquired from the artisans who supply the royal families of Rajasthan, Punjab and Hyderabad.
Creatively designed precious jewellery matching the collection is also on display. The IMS-DIA students have worked hard on the designs under the guidance of faculties.
The quality of the creative design is such that it captures the royal legacy. It makes one feel a part of history. The technique and workmanship of the creations is flawless. It adds an alluring aura to the personality of the wearer.
India has a very rich heritage of the Maharajas who ruled various states. Each state had its own magnificent design focus. After meeting various royal families and gathering a list of regal recipe for a wedding look, we sourced fabrics from the blue blood themselves. The collection of Royal Rajwara salutes to the beauty, the elegance and grace of the Indian queens. To name a few Maharani Gayatri Devi, Rani Molly, Maharani Amrit Kaur, Begum Kesar Jahan are few among them.
IMS- Design and Innovation academy, a pioneer in field of imparting education to the next generation. Interior Design is one of the core
field among this, is providing theoretical and practical knowledge to our students. Our strength being the young and dynamic budding
designers, we proudly introduce ourselves as " Decor Studio".
Our team of budding and qualified designers have great zeal and a single minded devotion to create something par excellence. One of
the strengths we have is, the ability to interpret the clients vision and translate it into a design that is not only beautiful but workable,
functional and exceeds the clients expectations. We understand that communication between the designer and the owner is the key to
the successful outcome of any project.
Our expertise lies in mainstream interior design of corporate, institutional, residential, retail, commercial, hospitality and media entities.
We provide full planning to-execution turnkey services in these areas with full emphasis on design that change the way people perceives
We approach towards our clients in refreshingly different way which is goal oriented and not job oriented.
Decor Studio believes in:
- Continuous innovation and no repetition
- Design though inquiry is the fundamental philosophy that allows questioning & reinterpreting stereotypical,traditional and conventional attitude towards design.
- A good product is the result of a good process
- Decor Studio breaks away from the "one-design-fits-all" concept. We like to be creative. Thus, existing notions are continuously questioned and conventional approaches are constantly challenged in search for design solutions that are bold, contemporary and justifiable.
- Finally Decor Studio believes in long lasting relationships with all our clients. No job is an end by itself but beginning of a longer, everlasting relationship. We look for similar trust and faith from our clients in our capabilities and creative judgment.
Decor Studio's 7 design principles :
- At Decor Studio, we firmly believe in good interior architecture that uplift the soul and elevate the sense of well being. The importance of good interior architecture can be experienced through the 7 design principles which we follow in all our works:
- A thorough understanding of the client's brief and personality and appropriate interpretation of the same.
- Analysis of the strengths, weaknesses, opportunity and a suitable response.
- Maximizing the feeling of light and space and consequent well being on a site
- Practical zoning, sequencing and relation of functional components to ensure correctness in public-private relations, service-served areas and habitable, non-habitable spaces.
- Understanding of market forces or external influences to be able to gauge what will work and work well in the given context.
- Technological layering within to ensure maximum functionality and convenience.
- That extra something that makes the difference. Every good interior must have a USP of its own to make it work.
1) Royal Rajwara- an apparel store for bridal wear in Sec-6, Noida.
2) Our own college IMS- Design and Innovation Academy in Sec- 62, Noida.
3) Residence of Mr.& Ms. Gupta in Sec- 50, Noida.
Is a brand of jewellery, designed and fabricated by the designers and students of IMS-DIA. Apart from designing and fabrication of jewellery
we at "Awesome" also provides design solutions and customized design facilities, where one can get the designs as per their specifications.
We provide complete solutions in accordance with the design, style and budget requirements of our clients. Our team of designers/students,
apart from being trained designers, is also well versed with gemology, diamond grading and computer aided designing. The jewellery is on
display and sale at our retail outlet in DIA. We being firm belieivers of innovation never hesitate in experimenting with various materials for
use in jewellery, like resin, acrylic, paper to name a few.